LEMON STRAWBERRY POKE CAKE
This easy Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake is a refreshing and light dessert for blistering summer days. The creamy lemon frosting pockets and feathery strawberry mousse make this a favorite with everybody. The weather here in west Texas can’t decide. One day it is hot and sunny and the following day it is cool and breezy. Try not to misunderstand me. I’m not griping by any means. I would happily take these sort of days over chilly and snowy days because I have definitely gotten accustomed to hotter weather. Fingers crossed we never move back to the solidified tundra that is the north. Ha! On those sunny days we have been doing a little bit of spring cleaning outside the house. We have planted flowers, watered the grass, and pulled weeds so far. My husband has been attempting to get our pressure washer working once more. This region gets a great deal of dust blowing around in the breeze, and it coats the houses and windows. I know ours could use a good force tidy to splendid up the outside. BSomething else I did a few days ago was to cut down a major bush in the front of the house. It was one of the bushes that most likely started out small, but developed really rapidly and sort of was assuming control over the front window.
I had referenced to my husband that we should expel it, but then we never did anything. One day after I returned from my morning run, I got the gardening shears and got down to business on the bush. After an hour, it was gone, and there was a gigantic mess of branches in the front yard. With all these warm summer like days, my mind has gone into concocting fruity desserts nonstop. Recently I made these cute Mini Lemon Cheesecake Pies, and now I can’t stop considering how to incorporate more lemon into my heating. Our congregation youth bunch had a family activity a couple of weeks ago, and of course, my activity was to bring dessert. They know at this point I have my own “store” in my wash room, so making desserts is never an issue. I pulled a lemon cake blend and a container of strawberry pie filling from the storeroom and got the opportunity to work. Last year I made this Raspberry Lemon Cake, but this time I needed to give it a strawberry twist. One of my absolutely favorite ways to use pie filling is not to make a pie. Shocking, I know. Adding it to cream cheese or Cool Whip creates a light soft mousse that I just can’t get enough of. It is ideal for using in parfaits, fillings, or as a brisk and easy frosting.
How to make a Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake:
- Subsequent to preparing the cake, jab it with a wooden spoon handle to create greater holes. Pour a whole container of sweetened condensed milk on top of the warm cake. The milk will soak into the cake creating a creamy and wanton chilly cake.
- Heat a jar of lemon frosting in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, at that point pour that on top as well. The frosting settles into the holes and creates these creamy little pockets of frosting that just goes so well with every one of the strawberries.
- Frost the top of the lemon cake with the fleecy strawberry mousse frosting and top it with some fresh berries.
- This cake will disappear instantly at all.You should have seen the adults hopping up to go get another piece before someone else could beat them to it. It was quite diverting.
- But also quite satisfying because that just affirmed to me that this Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake was a definite champ!
- More lemon recipes you may appreciate:
- This easy Strawberry Lemon Snack Cake is delicious whenever of day. Fresh strawberry pie filling and a lemon coating will make them smile in a matter of seconds.
- Sweet and sour pair together to make these the Best Lemon Bars for your tastebuds. They are the ideal treat for dessert.
- Cushioned lemon frosting and a pocket of lemon filling makes these Lemon Coconut Cupcakes a splendid and refreshing spring dessert!
- These easy Lemon Hand Pies are so easy to make and are such a cute little dessert.
- This creamy Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Salad is brimming with fresh berries and lemon enhance.
This easy Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake is a refreshing and light dessert for blistering summer days. The creamy lemon frosting pockets and feathery strawberry mousse make this a favorite with everybody.
- 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 1 – 16 ounce container lemon frosting
- 1 – 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 – 21 ounce can strawberry pie filling
- 1 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Make and bake the lemon cake mix according to the package directions.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes, then use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the warm cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake, letting it soak into the holes.
- Remove the foil liner from the can of frosting. Microwave the frosting for 30 seconds. Stir and pour over the top of the cake. Spread it out with a spatula.
- Let the cake cool for an hour, then refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Pour the pie filling in a bowl and use a fork to smash the berries. Fold the container of Cool Whip into the pie filling.
- Spread on top of the cooled cake. Sprinkle the diced strawberries on top. Keep the cake refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Category: DESSERT
- Cuisine: AMERICAN
Keywords: LEMON STRAWBERRY POKE CAKE