DELICIOUS CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
These simply delicious chicken and dumplings have thousands of fans. The chicken stew takes help from a rotisserie chicken, but the dumplings are produced using scratch and for all intents and purposes secure. I figure chicken and dumplings may be my favorite solace nourishment dish. It’s most definitely my son’s favorite. He has requested these chicken and dumplings for his birthday dinner for the past scarcely any years, and I am always glad to make them for him. They are as simple as they are delicious because they start with a rotisserie chicken. I found the dumpling recipe here and thanks to peruser comments used softened butter instead of oil and cooked them secured for 25 minutes. They kill light and cushioned each time I make them. This recipe uses short-cuts (rotisserie chicken and canned soup) because I needed to create an easy and snappier version of this classic solace nourishment. It isn’t a good old recipe for chicken and dumplings that starts with an entire chicken, but I do plan to create that sort of recipe as well.
TIPS FOR MAKING SIMPLY DELICIOUS CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS:
- Purchase rotisserie chicken ahead if it’s on sale. Shred the chicken and spot it in a cooler safe zippered sack and freeze for as long as one month. At that point you’ll have chicken all set for whenever you need to make chicken and dumplings.
- Use a stock pot similar to this one to make your simply delicious chicken and dumplings. A glass top helps to see the dumplings while they are cooking without evacuating the cover to look.
- I use this treat scoop to drop the dumplings into the pot.
- If you like this recipe, don’t miss my new recipe for Southwest Chicken and Dumplings HERE.
This recipe was passed on from my husbands family. It’s a family favorite and you can see from the directions that it is somewhat difficult to place into a recipe. It’s a ton of work but well justified, despite all the trouble. There will never be a dumpling left when this is made. I need to call my children and let them realize that I caused them so they to can come over and get theirs. If just they would bring their own bowls…..Print
These simply delicious chicken and dumplings have thousands of fans. The chicken stew takes help from a rotisserie chicken, but the dumplings are produced using scratch and for all intents and purposes secure.
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can cream of onion soup you can also use cream of chicken or cream of celery
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 ribs celery diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 rotisserie chicken white and dark meat shredded and skin removed
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 small carrots peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 4 tsp baking powder
In a large stock pot over medium heat, melt the two tablespoons of butter and add the carrots, celery, onion, parsley and all the seasonings, salt through pepper. Cook until the vegetables are starting to soften, about 5 – 8 minutes.
Add the cream of onion soup, chicken stock and shredded rotisserie chicken. Stir well. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
To make the dumplings, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together the milk and melted butter. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir together with a spatula until a smooth ball of dough forms.
Using a 1.5 tablespoon capacity cookie scoop, drop the dumpling batter balls into the simmering stew one at a time until all the dough has been used. The dough should make 15 dumplings.
Cover the pot and allow to cook (without uncovering) on a low simmer for 25 minutes.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American