EASY STRAWBERRY CAKE
Easy Strawberry Cake ~ Starts with a Boxed Mix and is Dressed Up Fresh Strawberries and Iced with a Fresh Strawberry Frosting! Another Monday is over with and it’s onto the rest of the week! I thoroughly believe Monday’s are the worst day of the week by a long shot. I suppose skipping them wouldn’t do me much good because then I’d just loathe Tuesdays. The recipe I’m sharing with you this evening was another Father’s day dessert I made. This time it was for my family at supper. I have fallen in affection with this cake. I could head toward the leftovers with my fork and eat the entire darn thing. It’s dangerous. Good thing I’ve tucked it far out and am attempting to stay away from it.
I have now made this cake on numerous occasions and each time I make it everybody is infatuated with it. I treated my collaborator to it for his birthday and his eyes lit up when he took his first bite! My eyes lit up a ton because I couldn’t keep my hands off this infant! The cake is moist and the icing actually gets a little hard which I absolutely love. The strawberry enhance is so refreshing. I’m not saying I don’t care for the good ‘ol white or chocolate cake but I’m always in the mood for blending things up a little. The recipe takes a customary box cake and dresses it up a bit, but it’s still super easy and doesn’t take to a lot of time. The result is a dessert that people will think you slaved throughout the day over, but I won’t come clean with them if you don’t! My brother by marriage shouted it resembles eating a strawberry but in cake structure! I like his reasoning! This is the ideal summertime treat when served with a scoop of frozen yogurt of course. Appreciate!Print
Easy Strawberry Cake ~ Starts with a Boxed Mix and is Dressed Up Fresh Strawberries and Iced with a Fresh Strawberry Frosting! Another Monday is over with and it’s onto the rest of the week! I thoroughly believe Monday’s are the worst day of the week by a long shot.
- 1 .3 oz package sugar-free strawberry jello
- 2 1/3 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 c. butter softened
- 4 egg whites
- 1 c. frozen unsweetened strawberries thawed
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1 16.25 oz package white cake mix
- 1/2 c. water
1. Grease & flour two 9 in. round pans. In a large bowl combine cake mix & gelatin. Add egg whites, & oil; beat until well blended.
2. In a small bowl or food processor, mash strawberries in their juice. Set aside 3 Tbsp for icing. Add water & remaining berries to batter and mix. Pour into pans.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack and cool completely.
4. For icing combine butter and reserved strawberries in small bowl. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until light & fluffy (I added extra confectioners’ sugar to make the icing a little thicker). Place on cake on serving platter. Top with half of the icing. Repeat layers.
- Category: DESSERT
- Cuisine: AMERICAN
Keywords: EASY STRAWBERRY CAKE