Easy Strawberry Cake ~ Starts with a Boxed Mix and is Dressed Up Fresh Strawberries and Iced with a Fresh Strawberry Frosting! Another Monday is over with and it’s onto the rest of the week! I thoroughly believe Monday’s are the worst day of the week by a long shot.
- 1 .3 oz package sugar-free strawberry jello
- 2 1/3 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 c. butter softened
- 4 egg whites
- 1 c. frozen unsweetened strawberries thawed
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1 16.25 oz package white cake mix
- 1/2 c. water
1. Grease & flour two 9 in. round pans. In a large bowl combine cake mix & gelatin. Add egg whites, & oil; beat until well blended.
2. In a small bowl or food processor, mash strawberries in their juice. Set aside 3 Tbsp for icing. Add water & remaining berries to batter and mix. Pour into pans.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack and cool completely.
4. For icing combine butter and reserved strawberries in small bowl. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until light & fluffy (I added extra confectioners’ sugar to make the icing a little thicker). Place on cake on serving platter. Top with half of the icing. Repeat layers.
- Category: DESSERT
- Cuisine: AMERICAN
Keywords: EASY STRAWBERRY CAKE