INSTANT POT HAMBURGER SOUP
THIS INSTANT POT HAMBURGER SOUP IS A QUICK AND EASY MEAL THAT USES FRUGAL INGREDIENTS. AS A BONUS, IT MAKES A GREAT WHOLE30 COMPLIANT MEAL! There are several options to make this Instant Pot cheeseburger soup suit your tastes and dietary needs, but regardless of how you make it, it’s a simple pressure cooker soup recipe that you’ll adore!
I’m really not one for trend diets. Truth be told, I don’t think I’ve been on an actual eating regimen at all in my grown-up life.
I sort of live by the proverb, “Everything with some restraint.” And all in all, we eat an entirely healthy assortment of foods normally anyways.
But I’ve been so worn out recently. Presently, a major part of that is most likely the way that my 15-month old still doesn’t sleep as the night progressed. Also, I deal with three kids ages 4 and under consistently.
So I realize I have good reason to be worn out.
However, I also have a sneaking suspicion that the refined sugar and carbs in my eating routine likely aren’t doing me a mess of favors in the vitality level department.
So the primary reason I chose to attempt the Whole30 plan was to dispose of processed sugars from my eating routine to see if I saw an adjustment in vitality levels.
Indeed, I made it seven days.
Haha! Seriously. Seven days. Which, if I’m being honest, I am actually quite pleased with. Seven days with no dairy, beans, included sugar or artificial sweeteners, grains, liquor, and so on. Also, honestly, I didn’t really mind it to an extreme.
So for what reason did I quit? All things considered, that is a story for one more day. I delineated my reasons in this post concerning why I quit the Whole30.
One great result of my Whole30 experience is this soup! In my quest to discover agreeable recipes, I saw several people referenced the Pioneer Woman’s cheeseburger soup. Presently, because I love everything P-Dub, I realized this would quickly go on my menu plan. What’s more, because I love my Instant Pot, I chose to adjust it to be set up in my cherished pressure cooker. With a couple of tweaks, it’s really easy to make Instant Pot soup recipes with your favorite standard soup recipes! The result is a really easy, really tasty recipe that you’d never know is consistent with some insane special eating plan. It’s something I would absolutely make even if I weren’t doing the Whole30. Which I’m not anymore!
INSTANT POT HAMBURGER SOUP
- 2 cups macaroni elbows
- 2 cups frozen veggies (we used a carrot, peas, and corn mix)
- 6 cups of beef broth*
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Yukon gold potato, cubed
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Turn Instant Pot to the saute feature and add ground beef to the pot. Saute for 1 minute and then add onion. Cook for an additional two minutes using a spatula to break up the ground beef.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients, stir well, and place cover on the Instant Pot.
- Close pressure valve to seal, and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.*
- Quick release pressure and remove the top. Serve immediately.*
Though the cook time for this recipe is 3 minutes, it does take the Instant Pot 20-25 minutes to build pressure. Plan accordingly!
- Category: Soup