This easy Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake is a refreshing and light dessert for blistering summer days. The creamy lemon frosting pockets and feathery strawberry mousse make this a favorite with everybody.
- 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 1 – 16 ounce container lemon frosting
- 1 – 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 – 21 ounce can strawberry pie filling
- 1 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Make and bake the lemon cake mix according to the package directions.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes, then use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the warm cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake, letting it soak into the holes.
- Remove the foil liner from the can of frosting. Microwave the frosting for 30 seconds. Stir and pour over the top of the cake. Spread it out with a spatula.
- Let the cake cool for an hour, then refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Pour the pie filling in a bowl and use a fork to smash the berries. Fold the container of Cool Whip into the pie filling.
- Spread on top of the cooled cake. Sprinkle the diced strawberries on top. Keep the cake refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Category: DESSERT
- Cuisine: AMERICAN
Keywords: LEMON STRAWBERRY POKE CAKE