Here I share with you a some game changing tips to getting Oven Baked Potato Wedges that are crispy and crunchy on the outside, yet light and fleecy on the inside! Furthermore, that is what potato wedges are about right? No one wants soggy wedges, there’s literally nothing worse. So it made me think, surely the best way to get crispy potato wedges isn’t just using a profound fat fryer? There must be a way to getting truly crispy wedges in the stove.
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 heaped tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper, or more for spicier wedges!
- 4 medium White Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup / 35g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 heaped tsp Garlic Powder
- Slice your potatoes into 8 equal wedge shapes. I find this easiest by slicing in half, then slicing those in half, and finally slicing in half again.
- Pop in a pot of cold water with a pinch of salt and bring to boil for 3-4 minutes. You should only just be able to slice with a knife. Any longer and they’re over boiled.
- Drain and give them a shake in the colander to rough the edges. Sit and rest to steam for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine your Olive Oil, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Thyme, Salt and Black Pepper and preheat the oven to 200c/390f.
- Combine your wedges with the oil seasoning, mix to fully coat, then pour in your Parmesan and mix again.
- Spray or lightly oil an oven tray and evenly space out your wedges. Use 2 trays if you have to.
- Bake for 25-30mins or until golden brown on the outside. Flip once after 15 mins.
- Enjoy hot with your favourite dip!
Steam – Allowing the wedges to sit whilst the steam is released is an important step. After being parboiled they will have taken on unwanted moisture. The steam is merely that unwanted moisture leaving the wedges.
- Category: SIDE DISH
Keywords: Potato Wedges RECIPE