Recipe: Thanksgiving Slaw
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 small head green cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds, or about 10 cups shredded cabbage)
- Make the dressing: Whisk the vinegar, oil, maple syrup, Dijon, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the red onion and stir to combine. Let sit at least 10 minutes for the flavors to meld. Meanwhile, prepare the cabbage.
- Make the salad: Cut the cabbage into eight wedges through the core, then cut the core from each piece. Thinly slice the cabbage wedges crosswise to shred.
- Add the shredded cabbage, almonds, cranberries, and parsley to the dressing and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Make ahead: This slaw can sit out at room temperature for up to 2 hours without wilting, making it a great make-ahead or buffet dish.