Roasted Mushrooms in a Browned Butter, Garlic and Thyme Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound mushrooms, cleaned
- Toss the mushrooms in the oil, salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in the oven at 400°F until they start to caramelize, about 20 minutes, mixing half way through.
- Cook the butter over medium heat until it starts to turn a nice hazelnut brown, remove from heat and mix into in the garlic, thyme and lemon juice.
- Toss the roasted mushrooms in the browned butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
You really can’t go wrong with mushrooms, garlic and butter and browning the butter only makes things better with the slightly nutty flavor and aroma that comes from browning it. You can eat these alone or top them on a steak.
- Category: vegetarian